Friday, December 7, 2007

Roanoke bound.....

So Friday is finally here, and in just a couple hours Dave and I get to leave for Roanoke and Ferrum for Rob's wedding. Seriously, the two of us are so excited you would think we were going to Aruba or some crap. But hey, Roanoke seems to be the furthest we have been able to get by ourselves, and I am still excited as can be about it.

Yesterday during my lunch break I got my ornament for my sisters party Sunday in the event we are home in time. I found it at The Mole Hole, and they even wrapped it up for me and everything. I think if I don't make it back I will just give it to someone for Christmas lol, since its already wrapped! Another exciting moment for me yesterday was I found out there is going to be a crop at a hotel in Williamsburg in January, and I have already booked my spot. Some lady in Yorktown has put it together, a butt load of people are going. It's Friday night -through Sunday, and I am going to spend the night two nights and scrapbook my little heart out. So I have another get away planned, and I can actually work on my own stuff other then these albums for family. Can't get any better then that!

The low point of yesterday was a conversation I had with the dietician I work with at my work. We have become pretty good friends over the years after sharing an office together and working at the same two units. We seem to have a lot in common as well, and we tell each other a lot of personal stuff, and can ask each other some personal stuff. Well yesterday she asked me if I had the lap band. It came about as we were talking about a patient who had it placed a few years ago, and it obviously didn't work for her, and they think it snapped. She asked if I had it done after I had Rachel. UMMMM no- for starters if I did I would have told everyone and their brother as I have told everyone and their brother about my future plans of getting a tummy tuck, oh and the boob lift- can't forget the boob lift. Both are crucial after kids, and if you don't think so - consider yourself blessed. I didn't even breast feed folks, and I have granny boobs now. Great mental picture I know!

Anyways, the weight loss I had after Rachel was like 20 sum lbs, and I would hope to god the band could do better then that, cause I am still fat. Seriously I was just eating better, and much more active with chasing two kids around. I am just doing the weightwatcher thing for a boost, and to try to get the weight loss going again as I pretty much just hit a plateau. I was pretty shocked though by her comment, but it gave me a good laugh.

Anyways, I fully intend to gain a few pounds while we are gone on our trip, but I will get back on the plan come the time we get back. It's pretty hard this time of year, our clinics get so much crap from other companies, and people. It's hard not to stare the Harry and David Chocolate tower and not stuff my face. Yesterday my mom baked fudge and cookies and sent them over in gallon ziplock bags and I didn't eat even one. I did put my head in the bags and inhale all the aromas though, and I probably will do a taste test if they stay around my house much longer!

We got our portraits back from the photographer that came to the house to do a family pic and kids pics, and there just awesome. The Christmas cards look really cute, and I am just ecstatic. I got a big one of all of us and have it framed already in our Living Room. I also scanned the hoo-hoo out of a few of the kids and framed them up. I know I know, but seriously a freaking 5x7 is $50 so your crazy if you think I am going to buy multiples of a pose and then just give them away. My mom has a new scanner/printer that is awesome so I gave it a good work out. I guess I am cheap like that. In my next life maybe I will be more ethical.

So I guess no more posts until I get back! Hope everyone has a good weekend!!!

No comments: