Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas!!!

It's Christmas Eve and I am at work. Yes I know... tell me all about it. Normally I would be at home, BUT our unit is open cause people still have to get dialysis. I am here though cause like some idiot I agreed to learn how to do inventory today. Our super secretary had her baby, so she is out on maternity leave, and she normally does them. So two techs here were put in charge of it and they are not liking it to well, and there have been some major mess ups. My Secretary at my other clinic is filling in some to help us out with secretary stuff, so I am going to have her show me how to do the inventory. I don't think it will be all that hard- I mean isn't it just counting what you have? I can count! So today of all days has to be the day I learn to count supplies.

I seriously have nothing else to do until then, so hence that is why I am on. As soon as I get trained and do it I shall be going home. My kids are heading to Richmond today to visit their great grandmother and great aunt and uncle- Dave's mom and Dad are taking them, and of course I am a wreck as they are traveling a long distance without me. I know they will be fine but I still worry cause that is what I do best. They never get to see this side of the family (Dave's Dads side) so it will be good for them. Dave's dad's family is from Appomattox as well, and his aunt lives in Richmond. I think its really weird that we never see them. When we go to Appomattox its always hang out at Dave's moms parents house the entire time and then on the way out stop by his Granny Sarah's for 5 min or less. Seems odd to me, and a bit unfair to her. So that is why I did not protest and let the kids go.

I do not plan on going back to work until Friday I guess. Dave judt dropped the news to me we are going to Appomattox on Thursday to see his other granny.

Dave is going to come up and have lunch with me today, and then before we go to his parents house to do Christmas tonight we are going to Plaza, so just call me a big fat pig right now. I have to admit I really like Dave's parents doing Christmas the day before cause it will make Christmas day easier for us. Not so much running around and chaos, and his aunt pissing me off, as we wont even have to see her!

No comments: