Wednesday, December 26, 2007

T'was the day after Christmas

Well Christmas has come and gone, and even without as much running around it was still crazy! BUT it was wonderful and magical and all of that oosshyy goooshhyyy stuff. Christmas Eve was spent at the inlaws and that was the first round of the spoiling. The girls got so much stuff. Laura was still not interested in opening present this year, we sort of thought she would be more into it, but she was more interested in prancing around, which was fine as having us or others open rather then a 22 month old or 10 month old makes the process speed up some. The big hit for Laura Christmas Eve was her table and chairs that she was crazy about. Big hits for Dave was some golf pass thingy, and golf shoes. For me it was kitchen stuff- I got my Wok and a panini maker.

When we came home we let the girls open a present under the tree which was new PJ's, and Laura did help open them up at least. They were ready to crash soon after that as they had a super long day as they had gone to Richmond with Dave's parents to a party earlier.

So then "Santa" came and boy was Santa busy. Santa even wondered for a split second if he had brought enough which was silly, but still he wondered, so then Christmas morning I got up SUPER EARLY. I don't know what it is, but I am still like a little kid on Christmas morning. I used to get up so freaking early when I lived with my parents, and I guess its just carried over. I hate to admit this, but I actually got up at 4:30am, yes I know, but I couldn't fall back to sleep, so I just got up and prepared for the day by doing some cooking for breakfast. Each year I make a breakfast casserole. Dave loves those, and I never make them except on Christmas. I also did a little more straightening and then I tried to keep busy without waking up every one else. Dave woke up about 6am, and soon after Rachel started crying. She however, woke up sick. Poor thing... first Christmas and she is sick. She had a runny nose and was pulling on her ears some. She did perk up a little after some food and some Motrin, and was ready to go back to sleep. Dave and I decieded to go ahead and exchange, as I was by this time dying to start opening gifts. Santa was very gracious with what he left in my stocking. I got lots of gift cards, and can't wait to use them.

So after stockings I let Dave open his gifts from me and the kids. His big gifts where a golf driver that must have inside diamonds or something for the amount it cost, and the North Face coat. He also got a ACDC CD set, and some other little stuff.

My big gifts from Dave and the kids was a beautiful Coach purse and wristlet, that he picked out by himself. He said the sales ladies where he bought it at are like car salemen. I also got a new ipod nano in baby blue! I also got the Magic Bullet blender things I had been wanting and some tupperware stuff I needed.

About 7am we heard the Laura and Rachel stiring so we brought them down to see what Santa left. Laura went straight to her kitchen set and started checking it out. Rachel also got to try out her car, and Laura decieded she like that too. They really seemed to enjoy their toys and were soon making a mess. My parents then popped in to see what Santa had left, and thats when we gave my parents their gifts. My dad is really hard to shop so I usually get him gift cards to Bass Pro Shop and Green Top in Richmond, as he loves going to both places. I also got him a shirt and some CD's he wanted. He's been on a CD kick as he got a Bose stero thingy a few months ago, and ever since hes been Mr. Music Man. I find it hilarious as when I was younger and bought CD's he would tell me I was wasting my money on that S!*%. I got my mom a Coach purse which she loved, a vera bradly book cover, some Mathew's County sign thing, and a sunflower garden decoration thingy. They also got the scrapbook on the girls that I worked on for freaking forever, and they got the picture of all their grandkids that we nearly killed us with that experience.

About the time they were done opening up, Dave's parents popped in to see what Santa brought and to see the kids before they left to head out of town, but just as soon as they came they left. I know it must be hard for them to be away from their kids and grandkids on Christmas.

We got the girls dressed and then headed next door to my parents and then got to open our gifts. Christmas with my parents is always over the top and crazy. They buy a crazy amount of gifts, and my mom spends forever wrapping them beautifully with perfect bows, and baking every kind of cake and cookie you can imagine, and then preparing a feast. Seriously, she's freaking Martha Stewart Jr. They spoiled us silly again. Dave's big gifts were a Bose Radio CD thingy, a pressure washer, and some crown molding kit he wanted. My big gifts were a Dooney bag, a cool scrapbook tool called the Silohette, and a bunch of every day dishes by Longaberger, and a gazillion other stuff.

The kids got a crazy amount as well, and soon "santa" was not feeling like he should have brought more, and left Dave and I wondering where the hell we were going to put everything. Laura was all about this leapfrog laptop she got, and Rachel was all about her Elmo Chair.

My nephews were a trip. My 13 year old nephew got some crazy pogo stick from his Dad. It doesn't have springs, it operates by air you put into it with a air compressor, and its made for adults, and apparently the more air you put into it the higher you bounce, and if your a pro you can jump over cars. Jake brought that over and was showing that off. Hopefully he doesn't kill himself on it, but it looks like some fun, and I am going to try it out hopefully today if it quits raining.

Justin got this motor scooter, and I got to try it out. Picture this, me on the scooter all dressed up riding down the street like a crazy lady. To top it off a house on the corner got sold and our new neighbors were picking Christmas Day to move in which was odd, but I zoomed past them while they looked at my like I was nuts and yelled Merry Christmas. Dave and my nephews were cracking up at me, and said they think the neighbors think I am mentally retarded.

No comments: