Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2008

So New Years was fun, bowling was a blast, and the drinks were yummy, but I think have done enough nonsense to hold me over for quite some time, and apparently life itself wants me to be more serious as well.

Work is crazy as I have been home with sick kids, sick selves, holiday and what not, so I am backed up with the usual, and a lot of my patients are in crisis personally. I had a patient lose a child to murder this past week and its been hard on everyone. We also had a state inspection at my other clinic that was unannounced, so I was freaking on if my paperwork was caught up, and thankfully it was.

Today is my grandmother's 90th birthday. My father's mother. We did a celebration this past weekend, and I ran to see her today. I hope I can make it to 90 and be in as good of shape she is in. She's so cute. My dad's birthday is tomorrow, and its always up to me to do something for that, so I guess we will have a small party. I am getting him season tickets to the Pilot baseball games with my sis. He should be excited.

Dave's grandmother had to go to the hospital today and apparently she is septic now,which isn't good at all. So this evening at 7:30pm Dave decides he is leaving right then to go to Lynchburg where she is at, and planed on taking the kids and spend the night. He lost the battle of taking them. It just wasn't going to happen with me. Seriously though why would you want to take two kids who still are on antibiotics themselves with nasty colds and ear infections on a long ass car ride this late at night in freezing weather, to a freaking hospital. If she's in ICU or whatever I doubt they would allow young children like that in. WHAT IS THE DEAL with him wanting to drag my kids off to kingdom come when they are either a freaking year old or sick as crap. I don't care if he wants to go, I don't blame him, but quit trying to throw our children in her face and get her even sicker. It's killing me.

So here I am at home alone and the kids are in bed. One cool thing is I have the nice new mattress all to myself I guess. We just got it today, so it's going to be nice to spread out on the new bed. It's super comfy. I just hate the way our room looks now as we just have it sitting on a metal frame so our room looks uber ghetto. I found the bed of my dreams at Pottery Barn, its everything I want, but of course the price isn't so nice, so hopefully I can find a twin to it somewhere else...

Oh I am not even stepping on the scale for a few days as I have totally been an oinker, so no weigh in this week. but I did myself today with the diet, and I am going to be good now that the holidays are over, or at least the best I can be.

No comments: