Friday, December 28, 2007

The gift that keeps giving...

We are all sick. It started with poor Rachel who woke up Christmas Day with it, and when we took her in to the doctor the next day she had a temp of 104. She has a cold and a ear infection, and over the last few days shes passed it on to Laura, David and myself. We were going to try to go to Appomattox today to see Dave's grandmother, and even yesterday Dave was set on going, and was getting frustrated with me as I said I was going to stay home with Rachel, and he was dead set on taking her. I was not going to budge. This can been a common theme with him as a week or so after I have birth to Rachel he wanted to take everyone up to see his grandmother immediatly as she was very sick and ill and not going to be around much longer. I refused to go as I had just had a c-section and my freaking incision was open, and Dave pouted like a baby. But we went have been to see her several times since then so I am not trying to prevent him from going or actuing like this out of evil, I just want everyone to be healthy and I like to be present when we do these trips.

I was feeling like crap yesterday and it was obvious Rachel still was feeling yucky, so I was a bit happy when Dave woke up sick today and decieded it would not be a good idea to make the trip. DUH! So the trip is postponed for a bit, but eventually we will all go, and we will all go in good health so we don't end up getting her sicker then she already is. I seriously just wish they would move her down here where everyone is. There just comes a time you have to step up and say enough is enough, and I know Dave's mom and aunt have got to be just plain tired and burnt out.

A few days earlier we ended up finally picking out a mattress. We get it delivered Tueday and I am super excited, as it felt heavenly when I was rolling around on it in the show room. We ended up getting it from Mattress Discounters as my sister recently got her a new one from there and had shopped around and done some investigating on them. Never just go in there and buy what the sticker says. If you sit around in there for a while the saleman gets overly dramatic when you try to leave and makes these phone calls to see how far he can come down on the sticker price, and apparently he can come down pretty far. But like I said my sister filled us all in on this, so we got a good price, free delivery and removed of old mattress and he even got us a matress pad cheaper then what the sticker price said for just the mattress.

No comments: