Friday, December 21, 2007

Friday!

So yesterday I got to pick up the clothing and toy items and the rest of the food stuff for my patients, and it wasn't too bad. BUT, I left work at like 3pm and when I almost was home my boss called saying the Salvation Army also had a bike for one of my patients kids, and I needed to get it by Friday. I was not about to turn back around and go back to Williamsburg so I went this morning with the kids to grab that on my day off.
I ran it by the unit for my patient and she didn't even seem to care, she was basically trying to ignore me, shes the one that drove off when I went to help her get the Thanksgiving food in her car. I know her kid will like it, so I just bit my lip to keep from flipping out and left.

Dave is playing golf today with Stevie, and later on tonight Dave and I are going to dinner and then the ghost tour in williamsburg. I am super excited and Dave has been joking on me all week, asking if we should watch Ghost Busters before just in case. Whatever, I know were are not going to see anything- it just a historial tour and some spooky stories.

Work has been good besides all this damn do gooding crap I have done all week. The drug reps have been very good to us with lots of food and free crap with the drugs names on it, so I have stocked up on pens, and all sorts of stuff, and I have eatten way to much. I am not even going to weigh in this week its been that bad. I will weigh in the next week, and I will start working out again then I promise.

We decieded to hold off until after Christmas to get the TV up. Our friend came by and he and Dave worked out a game plan for filling in the cubby area so we can put our TV over the cubby. I know its just killing Dave to have the TV sit in the box, but if we wait we can repaint the room and everything and not worry about a mess here on the holidays. My sister Becky has her TV up and in action. She had the cubby thing in the wall too, but her cubby hole was small enough where she could hang it over the hole and you not even know the hole was behind it. My other sister probably wont even get a TV she came and grabbed the cash when it was being dubbed out, but she probably is going to do something else with hers which is fine, but I bet it ticks my dad off.

I am just glad it worked out this way though as I know Dave was days from just buying one himself, and I wanted to use that money for a new bed and mattress so now we can get the bed and matress and everyone is happy. We have a queen size bed but the mattress is really really really old, and we agreed to go for a King when we got one. I am still trying to figure out what kind of bed I want. I know I want a cherry finish, but I don't know what style. I used to love Sleigh beds, but now I am not so sure. I went and looked around at Haynes but honestly I didn't like any of there stuff, I am going to check around at Haverty's and some other places for the frame, but I think we are going to get the matress at Matress Discounters. They have really good prices on their stuff.


So Christmas is going to be here soon. Christmas Eve we are going to spend it with Dave's family as his mom is going to go out of town to take care of Dave's granny. Sucks we can't see everyone for Christmas, I know his granny is sick and they want to be with her. So Christmas Dave and I will do our thing with each other and the girls, and then spend the day next door at my parents house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've heard REALLY good things about the Original Mattress Factory. Their mattresses are reasonably priced, custom made, and have coils on both sides so you can flip them.