Friday, December 14, 2007

Pushy Mary Kay Lady

I have always liked those silly at home parties and the Makeup sales people like Mary Kay. I think Pampered Chef products rock, and I have had just about every little party under the sun to earn free products or whatever. I have to say though that some of the sales people are just so damn pushy and sometimes rude. My sister being the exception as she does Longaberger, but she mainly just takes orders from her friends and family.

So flashback to about 2004 or so when a coworker has her MaryKay lady come to our work to buy some Christmas stuff for herself and kids. I let the lady into giving me a "facial" right there at work which is pretty much when you wash your face with their products and then she puts all kinds of makeup on you. I really liked the cleanser stuff so I ended up buying some stuff. Then the stalking begins.... She tries to get me and my coworker to sell it, and we resist. Then some new cool product came out, and she invited me to come with her to try it out at her meeting that they have once a week. I did get to try the new product, but they then try to brainwash you into joining up to sell, and the other consultants were all dancing around to music and telling you just how cool they were for being Mary Kay consultants. When I left they gave me a CD in which some lady tells her story how Mary Kay changed her life. I was pretty turned off by the ordeal in general, but I still liked the product, so when someone else at work was selling the stuff I let her have a party at my home, and then I had pretty much what I wanted and I just started avoiding when the other lady that would try to pop in at work. The lady that had the party at my house changed jobs so I never bought from her again.

But I don't use just one product, I always try other brands out, so when my crap ran out like hell I was going to call the stalker. I just went with whatever else I felt like spending my money on at the time.

Soo about a month ago or so I was at work and in walks the stalker again, and she breezes right past me to set up shop in my bosses office. My boss had called her as some contractor we use at work for supplies wanted something for his wife, so my boss hooked him up with her. I cringed thinking she would try to get on her soap box again about getting me to sell the crap again, so I hid out from her. In the mean time she harassed every other coworker, and then asked where I was. Guess I couldn't hide forever...I said hello and she was acting cool about everything and wasn't so pushy. She left a book for me to look at, and that was that, and I was impressed she was leaving me a lone.

So anyways I saw some stuff I liked, and figured I would get a few things, wouldn't you know when she dropped off my crap she got on me again about selling, wanted me to come to some meeting to try out a new product. Like hell. So I vow never to buy from her again, no matter how much I like the stuff. What's even funnier is she says she doesn't "bug" people about selling or having a party, but seriously she's the worst I have ever seen. Guess she wants the pink car or something...

No comments: