Sunday, December 16, 2007

Ho Ho Ho....

The weekend has blown by for me....It was an interesting weekend for us. Friday I was off, and Dave was off as well, so we were going to finally venture up to Richmond to see the "real santa" at the Children's Museum. We were up bright and early, the kids were dressed in their Christmas dresses, tights and shoes on,everything was ready, and then Laura did her best reenactment of the movie The Exorcist. She had some congestion, and she decided to throw it all up on herself and David. It was not a pretty picture, so we called off the trip then and there and just hung out all day. Laura was acting better in the evening so our major outing of the evening was to go by this neighborbood in Hampton in which one house always goes all out with decorations. The house is just insane, and we make it a tradition to go each year.

Saturday we got brave again, and got the kids up and ready to see Santa. When we got there they have a note on the door that it was currently a 90 min. wait to see Santa. We went earlier in the year last year and we litterally just had to walk in and sit on the mans lap, but not this time. I made a mental note to never come this close to Christmas again. But the wait wasn't so bad. They gave people pagers so if they wanted to you could just tour the museum and stuff and then they would beep you when it was getting close to your turn which was cool. I guess we waited almost an hour, and finally it was our turn to go see the Snow Princess who gets your info from you like your name and what not, cause she passes the info to Santa who calls the kids by their name. Rachel did fine, and was in a daze about it all, Laura however pulled a Brandon. I say pull a Brandon as he was my cousin who passed, and my mom and his mom always took us to see Santa every year in Richmond and he never did so well. My grandmother had a collection of framed pictures of us with Santa, and in all of mine I am smiling and just talking Santa's ear off. Brandon's are quite the opposite. In one Santa has him in a head lock, in another my aunt is the picture trying to restrain him, and then in one he looks terrified and he always hand wrote a letter to Santa rather then said what he wanted, as it was just too scary for him I guess.

So yes, Laura pulled a Brandon, and I have quite the picture in my possession. I will have to get my mom to scan it. Oh well, maybe next year she will be ok, she did great last year, I think she was just too tired after waiting in line and the long ride, and we were in the middle of nap time as well, so all and all it was just not the best planning. But I have a picture to preserve the memory.

So since we were already in Richmond and the kids were napping, Dave stopped me by the awsome scrapbook store for me to treat myself to more crap that I hardly get to use anymore. I have finished the albums for our parents though at least. Well...its only done up unto Rachel's baptism, but I think all I am going to add is some Christmas pics, and I can't really get those together until Christmas so I will just give them to them, and then give them the Christmas pages later. I bought a really cool Ribbon Organzier for my scrapbook mess, and I got some cool paper for me and my sister. The paper was for her as she babysat for us later that night at our house so we could have a dinner with some friends.

We got our TV, and its presently in the garage. When we built our house the in thing was to have a built in hole in the wall thing for the TV over the fireplace, and the hole is pretty big so Dave wants to fill it some and then put the TV up. A good friend of ours is coming over who does sheet rock to see what we need to do. He might do some of the stuff tonight, but the part I am dreading is we would need to paint, and we don't have any leftover paint to match what we have now, and the contactors did it when we built the house, so we have no idea what they used as we have forgotton by now. So this TV project is going to require a bit of work and painting is something I don't want to do this close to Christmas. My sister is going through the same thing as she has the hole in the wall too. She just painted her wall though and just did that one wall so be kinda a accent color as everything else is a different color, so if Dave and I wanted to be slackers we could just do that wall, but then I would be such a copy cat, as if I did it I would probably use the same color, so hence I don't know what to do, but I don't want to tear the house up painting right now. We might just try to get as close as we can to what we have now, and then later on repaint it all.

I think I know what I am going to get Dave for Christmas finally, but my idea might not pan out. He's been talking about wanting a black berry phone this week, so I might see if I can get him that, but I don't know what kinda of contract he has with Verizon, and it seems like theres all kinds of silly rules about that stuff or they make you pay extra, but I am going to try to look into it. If it doesn't work out I will just get him the golf club hes been wanting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you take a chip of the paint you have on the walls now, the store should be able to match it.

We had one of those TV cubbies at the townhouse in Kiln Creek. It was nice, but I always wondered what you'd do with the cubby if your TV was too big to fit in the cubby.