Friday, November 30, 2007

Friday...

I have a confession. I bought a Dooney for Laura. Yes I know. What a terrible mom I am for making her all about labels at a young age. Let me try to reason it though. I got an email today while I was at work saying the outlet was having a mega sale, and there would be a surprise bag marked down to $75. So I went after work today, and the surprise bad was a awesome, its huge, croc embossed or whatever they call that mess, and it was pretty, BUT the color choices sucked. Then I saw the BIN, and in the bin were tons of the Bitty Bags just stacked up, marked down to $30, and so I gave in. So shoot me. I am going to hold it back until her birthday though.

I bought a bunch more adult bags for every other female in our family for my mom, as the sale was just that good, and my mom had enlisted my help to get my sisters, myself, and her a Dooney. There so gorgeous let me tell you. So I have to wait to Christmas now before I can get my hands on my bag. Laura's bag is the bitty version of the one I have which is cute. Now I have guilt though as I didn't get one for Rachel, so if I got back and they have any left, I will get her one.


We finished up our plans for travel for Roanoke. We are leaving Friday morning and the first night we are going to stay at a local bed and breakfast in Rocky Mount, VA right outside Ferrum. It's called the Claiborne house. Should be fun! We plan on going to the campus to wander around and see how much has changed in the area. The wedding is Saturday evening, so we will go to that, and then we are going to drive to Roanoke and stay at the Marriott. We have a gift card to use there our friend Aaron gave us, so we are looking forward to putting that to good use. We are coming back Sunday at some point, but I am just so excited to get away without any kids, but at the same time I know I am going to miss them like mad, and wonder every second what they are doing, but I plan on still enjoying my time with the husband too!

We had a low key Friday night. Went to a quick dinner, and then ran by the funeral home as a friend of Dave's sister had passed away unexpectedly, so we went and visited with the family. Very sad.

Not much going on this weekend, other then one of my units is having a Christmas party for the staff and patients, so I am cooking some BBQ for that. My standard meal for crowds. My boss had me on a wild goose hunt chase for gifts for the patients. The company gave us a budget for a party, and for gifts, and somehow I got elected to find the gifts. My boss wanted to get water bottles so they can also get a lesson on how much water a day they can drink. Wonderful gift you know. I personally think it wont be much of an educational tool, as our dietitian stresses it every month with them, and they still guzzle like theres not tomorrow, so in fact we are just giving them another guzzle tool.

Apparently trying to get water bottles in winter is a bit tricky, especially when you need 42, and you can't go over $5.00 a patient. I had to mix and match them which I am sure is going to cause problems over who gets what color and crap, but I got them after annoying just about every employee in Target to please check the back again for me. Then when I get back my boss wants me to put ribbons on them... yeah ok. Right on that. I just left them in the Target bags in her office, I wasn't about to go out and find ribbon and we obviously just don't keep some around the office. She's spasing out about getting the gifts ready for the party, and I bet not even 10 of them even come to the party. They come three times a week as it is, so some of them rather not see us on a day they don't have to. Who can blame them?
I just feel a bit overwhelmed with getting my own crap done at home for the holidays then worrying about putting ribbon on bottles at home in my voluminous spare time.

Bah hum bug!

No comments: