Friday, November 9, 2007

The weekend is here!

I love my typical three days weekends. Especially when Dave is off at least part of it. Today we are going to take Rachel for her Baptism pictures. I am going to go with the Picture People first, and if I am not happy with their shots I may try to go fancier, or try to do it when the photographer comes to the house which good lord I think is the following weekend.

Dave told me he was going to take the kids out for a while and let me scrapbook here at the house uninterupted for a few hours. I really really really appreciate it. But I wonder, what does he have up his sleeve? Some major golf expedition? Never less I am happy, as it will give me a chance to attempt to catch up on the books I am doing for Christmas presents, which may or may not happen. If I don't get them done I will just give them to them Mother's day or something.

I have done some Christmas shopping this week on my way home from work on most days this week and I am very proud of myself. Gift wrapping paper I ordered from all the kids in the family came in too, so when I pick that up I can get started on some wrapping. I also scored some really cool items at my favorite consignment shop. I got this trunk filled with dress up outfits and foo foo stuff, and this Tee-Pee with girly fabric. Yeah both items a little old for the kids but an awesome deal, so I am holding on to them until they get a little older.

Speaking of which Rachel has accomplished much lately. She had been doing the army drag crawl for ever and ever, but she finally figured out it was easier to get up on her knees to crawl, so shes fast as lightening now. She also is pulling herself all the way up, and she thinks she very special when she does that. She even sometimes just hold on with one hand so she can be a real dare devil.

Last night we went to the mall as I had a coupon at Gymboree and their Christmas PJ's are marked down too. I got them adorable PJ"s to wear when they go to bed Christmas eve, and there not matching! I know! Surprise Surprise. There just so cute though. Speaking of coupons I hit up Harris Teeter yesterday for triple coupon day, which continues until Saturday by the way, and I scored some awesome deals. I got several free items, and some dirt cheap things, and I was just so proud of myself when I came home with a bag full of mess that we need that hardly cost a thing. I am going back today as I have some more coupons that I found online. They only take 2 online coupons a day, and I could get these items free so I am going back like some crazy woman.

So while we were at the mall I have to always go look at the handbags in Macy's just to drool and ohh and ahh. They had some Dooney's marked down, and one was the bitty bag which it a baby size handbag. I gave it to Laura to look at to see if she liked it. Yes I lost my mind I guess. She didn't want to give it back of course as she is a major purse freak herself. Seriously the child has more purses then me, of course hers are play purses for the most part, I do admit she has her own Vera Bradly bag, but all others are little fun purses. So Laura love the bag, and didn't want to give it back. The stupid thing was $50, which was marked down but still thats just insane, a kid does not need a Dooney bag, heck adults don't either, its just some stupid obsession woman have, which I admit I have as well, and apparently so does my child. Dave tried to talk me into getting it, and I put down my foot, so we traumatized her by putting it back, and immediatly left the store with a wailing child. Yes I know called CPS on me now, I am a mean mom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm planning on hitting up Gymboree today, assuming Aidan isn't too grumpy from his shots.

Too funny about Laura and the Dooney bag. I also have the purse thing - I'm a Coach whore. I guess I should be glad I have a boy! ;)