Sunday, November 25, 2007

Saturday




Saturday I went with my parents, nephew Jake, and my girls to Portmouth. When I was a child growing up every year about this time, it was a family tradition for us to go to Coleman's Nursery and Mike's Train Land to see the Christmas displays, and what not. It was always really fun. We would always get dinner over there, and have a blast.

Coleman's closed for good 2004, and Mike's Trainland closed before that. The last year it was open we went over and took lots of pictures and I bought an angel to have as our tree topper, and a bunch of other special ornaments. One was this crazy priced special addition ornament to honor Coleman's years they were open and of course it got broken last year, which was a major bummer for me.

Anyways, all the Christmas stuff Coleman's had displayed went to this Museum thing in Portsmouth. They display the trains from Mike's trainland at the Kids Museum right across from the Christmas wonderland stuff. So we all went over there to see it all. It was fun! The Kids Museum was really neat, all kinds of stuff to play with. I did this thing where you put your self in a bubble. You stand on a plat form and pull a rope and it makes a ring pull up that has soaked in a bubble solution, so a bubble surrounds you. It was pretty neat.

My dad and Jake went across the street to the Virginia Sports Hall of Fame. I would have loved to have seen that, but Laura was having to much fun playing with all the stuff at the kids museum so I just hung with the kids. Laura was pretty spent after playing so hard.

We left and went back to Newport News and went to dinner at Kelly's Tavern. Laura slept through the ride and dinner. My mom held her while she was just passed out.
I think we have a new tradition started, hopefully Dave can go next time though. He had to work the night before so he was passed out himself!

No comments: