Thursday, November 8, 2007

The alleged Best Friend....

So I have not written in a few days, but its just that I have been busy and very tired. This day light savings time thing just makes it worse as it gets so dark early now. The Baptism was nice and my alleged best friend didn't even show up, so there was no worry about her crappy husband coming along. Though I have to admit the fact she didn't call or come by has me in a pissy mood. She's seriously just been a crappy friend the last many years. She's always been a part time time friend I guess. Just around when she needs something or when its convienent for her. I was highly upset with her last year when we had the concert incident, and of course the time I was supposed to babysit for her when I was pregnant and I wound up in the hospital with kidney stones and I never heard from her until after I had the baby which was several months. So when her husband abadoned her and her child to play house with a minor no less, she needed me, and I felt that bad in which I was there for her and we hung out again. But of course now that shes just lost her mind and took him back after the girl broke up with her husband shes no where to be seen, and that makes me very very angry cause I feel I was made a fool of once again.

I have a short temper, and I am dying, dying I tell you to confront her and say all sorts of immature, mean, and childish things to her. So I texted her yesterday to see if she could come up with an excuse. I typed in Sorry we missed you Sunday, hope all is well. Hours and hours and hours later I get a reply saying "sorry we missed it, everything is good how are things with you." First of all whats this "we". "We" is a joke, and "we" was never invited. So I have not said anything back as I am trying to not be a huge pain in the butt about it, or lose my cool. Dave is telling me to just do nothing and blow her off when she tries to get in contact with us again. But its easier said then done, as I said I was going to do that the last time, and I didn't when she called saying her life was shattered. Why did I give in? Quite honestly maybe I felt guilty because I was so mad at what a crappy friend she was I was hoping for something to bite her in the butt, I had totally called this as I know him very well, and I know he will do it again as its just him. SO I guess I felt bad that something that bad happend to her.

So right now I am dying to text back, yeah it would have been nice if my best friend showed up, but wait- what best friend? But I know that would cause quite a scene and I know it would be immature of me to do that. So I am stewing in what to do. I know the proper thing to do is keep my mouth shut and just never be there for her again, but I am just too much of a pushover in which if she needs me I would not follow through with my plan, which is exactly what I have done over and over again, so clearly its not working.

I just don't have the best of luck in the friends department. I seem to be magnet for users.


But it better news, I got a raise yesterday! Totally unexpected! And I have the main one coming in Spring to still look forward to, so I am really really glad I went back to my old job. I was totally caught off guard. Thought when she called me back in her office I was either going to be written up for something or have my hours cut back as our census is low. SO that's something to smile about =)

No comments: