Thursday, November 29, 2007

We came, we saw, we spent....




Bizaare Bazzaar started today, and mom and I went up to Richmond for it today. I enclose a picture of my loot. I got a travel bag for the kids which was a steal for when they spend the night elsewhere or for when we go away. I had previously bought a Vera Bradley bag for Laura a year ago or so, but I kinda ended up stealing it for myself to take when I work out. This bag is big enough for both of them for a few years anyways. I also go a cute foo-foo shirt and pant set for both of them, some coasters to give his cousin, a bunch of frilly momogrammed coozys for random people, a VT cup for Dave, and I got myself the initial drink mug for myself. I got another mug with a polka dot pattern to be my secret santa gift for someone at work. I think I am going to give his mom a coozy, and my boss a coozy. The other one has a "R" on it so thats mine two of course. I also got two shells. Random I know, but they were pretty and will look cute in the bathroom. Oh yeah, the black tote thing with a palm tree on it is a ice bucket thingy that doesn't sweat. Laura of course had to try it out by climbing in. I also have a sign not picture that I forgot to put out. I don't know right now if I should give it to my mom or my aunt. It says "Welcome to Mathews", which is the town my mom and aunt grew up in. Weird enough we still exchange christmas gifts with her. Grant it we don't talk or see each other, but we leave gifts for each other. I also get a birthday check from her,and my kids do as well, BUT when my kids were born I never got a card, a phone call, much less a gift. Well I have to admit at Laura's baby shower she gave me a hat and a blanket and signed the tag from her and my granny. Not knocking the gift, but my granny would have gone all out on probably furnished the freaking nursery had she not have Alz. I know this is a petty for me to write, but for ther record I ohhed and ahhed over the damn blanket and the hat and wrote a gracious thank you note to my aunt, so I didn't act like a total selfish brat or anything.

But enought of my family drama.

It was a blast. My mom bought a boat load for the girls that they will get at Christmas. We ran into the sister I get along with and some of our scrapbooking people, my boss from work, and some other friends. One thing I didn't get was a ornament for the Ornament Exchange party my sister is having again this year. I don't know if I can even go as we will be coming back in town that day from Roanoke, so it depends on traffic. So I need one on hand just in case. Nothing struck me though today or they were either way to expensive for me to want to give away.

I am already looking forward to the Spring show....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had fun!

I don't think you're being petty. Before my grandma had her stroke she said she wanted to furnish Aidan's nursery. I was on her bank account and took care of her finances. I ended up buying his furniture and all of that before she passed away so that when he gets older, I can tell him that was from her since he won't ever get to meet him.