Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Shopping day!

Hope if anyone went out into the crazyness in the shops they got some killer deals for all their trouble!!!

I had heard about the crazyness, but I used to go to some craft show show with my family the day after thanksgiving for years and years, so I was a bit sheltered from the madness. Fast forward to the I believe 2002, year- Dave wanted some video game system that was a hot item, and I saw this great deal in the Toys R US add. I deceided to get up early to be there when they opened to grab it. I arrived about 20 min before the opening and a line was about a mile long to wait to get in. My nephew had spent the night and had come along to grab some toy he wanted and we were both in shock. We froze our tails off waiting, and then when the doors swang open we were practically trampled to death as we fought for a shopping cart. One lady kept hitting the backs of my legs with hers, and I made the mistake of saying something to her, which caused her to go off on me, I quickly ran away with my nephew. He ran to get his stuff, and I got the game station and then waiting in line for freaking ever to check out. I swore never again.

Today I got up and headed out to work very very very early... I wont even tell how early, but I didn't stay long, I just cleaned some stuff off my desk, and left just as soon as I got there. Something in my head said to go to Michaels, so I braved it, and it wasn't that bad... they had been open for almost an hour so it wasn't a mad dash. I ended up getting a frame for a picture and a gift for a niece. Got a great deal, then I deceided to check out what was going on in Target. It was pretty packed, but I found a great parking space and I decieded to go on in. It was pretty crazy, I wont lie, but it was doable. I went past electronics as it was too difficult to even attempt, and the toy section was off limits as well. I noticed everyone had these huge boxes with some video chair thingy in them. Seriously, that was the thing to have in your cart. While wandering around, I found a pallet with a few more left, and it was dirt cheap- really really cheap. So I grabbed one figuring Dave might like it or someone else in the family might. I finally got in line, and the lines were not too bad. When I got closer they had a bin of stuff people put in from where they changed their mind and decided they didn't want it anymore, and they had a bunch of dvds and a few toys. I grabbed two dvd's and a leap frog toy, which were all awesome deals. The DVD's were 3 bucks or so. One of the DVD's I got was the Goonies. Such a awesome movie from my childhood!

SO that was pretty much the extent of my black friday shopping. I did go online yesterday to Gymboree's website, as they were doing their early bird sale, and I got a ton of cool stuff. With the 30% already off and a coupon I had I got cool thing! Most of it is stuff for later in some bigger sizes. I even got a freaking bathing suit for the kids. Good deals I tell you....

SO this weekend we are going to try to get our tree, and get it up. Maybe we will do that tomorow evening

No comments: