Sunday, November 18, 2007

Deck the halls....

It's been a pretty busy around here. But I have come to the conclusion that its just the way my life is now. Friday I had fun getting together for lunch and some shopping with a friend, and later that day Dave let me escape from the house again to get a pedicure, which is my idea of heaven.

My nephew Justin plays pee wee football, and his team were season champs this year, so they got to go the "SuperBowl" which means they played against another season champ at this stadium here in town where the highschools all play out. They had a sports announcer and everything. So I took the kids along, and we all froze our tails off for his benefit. It was really cute though seeing the kids all excited thinking they were cool stuff. His team won as well, so for being Super Bowl champs they get these special jackets. What no ring? He's just on top of the world let me tell you.

I have been trucking along with my Christmas shopping. It's getting harder though as I always put off my dad and Dave until near the end as they are the hardest. I have a few gifts wrapped, and I think each night when I can sneak up in the room I have everything in, I will just wrap one a night or as many as I can before the kids get curious in where I am.

I need to get a list together of stuff for the kids and for us. My mom has done most of her shopping already, and has most wrapped, as she Martha Stewarts clone. She gets lists from all of us so we make it easy for her. She does get a few surprises, which makes it all perfect. One thing I asked for was some every day dishes. When Dave and I got married we picked out a fancy wedding china, and I love it, and I try to use it as much as I can, but as far as every day dishes go, we just got some el cheap 'o set at some random place to hold us over. I have been looking everywhere trying to figure out what I like, and I have gave in, and I am going with the dishes from Longaberger. My sister sells Longaberger and I have always loved her dishes, so I am going to go with them. So I am hoping my mom will get me a few pieces from that. I am asking for the dinner plates, and these square luncheon plates that they have all in Ivory.

This morning we did our Christmas pictures. I will not get to see them until tonight or tomorow at the latest, but I think they went well. He came to our house, and we did some of the kids together and seperate in their dresses, some he did in front on the fire place, and the others he set up in the living room. We then did some family pictures outside. This will be the first family picure of all of us we have done. Hopefully it turns out ok cause I want one of all of us really bad. Of course by then we were trying from rangling the kids into position, so we were tired and beat, so maybe there not so good lol. My hair looked great at 9am but not so much by 10am Oh well we tried at least. We are doing pictures with my sisters kids Wednesday evening so I am sure by then they are going to be over having their picture taken, but then its all over with for a while anyways. 'Tis the season.

1 comment:

The Family said...

you have to send me the link to the pics! how did you like glenn?