Thursday, November 15, 2007

I have had way to much fun this week but we all have to unwind at some point I guess. I will spare everyone the details....

Things are going to get really busy here soon. Sunday we are doing Christmas pictures, and Tuesday evening my kids and my sisters kids are getting a group picture made. Booking that has been an ordeal let me tell you. I am pretty laid back with setting stuff up, as my kids are too young for various activties, but good lord it was near impossible to get a date for all of us. My "difficult" sister that I constantly have issues with can only have one event a night, so if her kids have a girl scout meeting, she wont consent to doing the picture afterward as she says it just too much for them and they need to get to bed by 7:30pm. Mind you they are not babys but rather a 5th grader and a 1st grader.... My other sisters kids have pretty busy social lives but shes cool about working in whatever in between, so after a gazillion emails back and forth about a date, in which I was the go between person I sent them both an email asking them to settle on a date together and then just tell the date. Of course now my "difficult" sister wants to all wear matching outfits, which is near impossible. I don't mind coordinatiing but she actually suggested denim tops and black pants for everyone. My older nephews scoffed at that idea as you can imagine. Last year we went with jeans and red tops, and black shoes. Yes because shoes mind you are just that important I guess that we have to match them as well.

It's a freaking picture for our parents and grandparents, not some huge portrait to hang on the wall with a light over it. I say just dress the kids in something cute to show their different personalities, or pick 2 or three colors and go with it.

I need to do some more Christmas shopping. I still have no idea what to get Dave. I got him one thing so far, but no big gift just yet. One thing I know he would love would be a big 'ol flat screen TV. Since my dad got his, Dave wont shut up about it. We have one of those holes in the wall higher up that we have a decent size tv in now. Mind you that TV isn't that old and works just fine. By now Dave wants to cover up the hole with sheet rock, which then we would have to paint again and spend a crazy amount on TV. No exactly what I want to spend hard earned money on. I say wait until the TV goes bad then go for it. Of course not though! As that would be the logical, responsible thing to do. Hopefully I will get a new bed and mattress before then. Maybe I should bite the bullett and purchase that so money wont be there for the TV haha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sent you a message on Myspace. Not sure if you got it. I sent a message to someone else and they didn't get theirs. Just let me know.