Saturday, January 26, 2008

Outgoing or Passive????

Soooo next year Laura will be attending Hidenwood Presschool which is at a nice church half a mile from our house... I went to that school as well as my nieces and nephews, so its no surprise that I want my kids to attend. February I get to register her, and apparently her age group is popular which means crazy parents stand outside for hours in cold waiting for the door to open. Uggg... The paperwork arrived yesterday for it. I completed it and have everything together for it. For the two year old program you either do one a week preschool on fridays, or twice a week preschool on either monday or wednesday, or tuesday and thursdays. My first preferendce is just fridays, because that way I can take her since I am usually off, and considering shes never been in daycare besides hour long visits at the YMCA while Dave and I work out, and face it, Dave and I have not been working out much lately. I am certain friday is going to be hard as hell to get her in, but I will give it my best. I don't really have a preference on the other days.

One question they have on it is is your child passive and shy or outgoing and friendly. Immediatly I said active and outgoing, as she loves to show off and never really cared who was around her except for the Santa visit to Richmond last December of course.

Well, today we had a birthday party for a friend of ours child wo was turning 3. It was held at one of those places with the blow up bouncy crap indoors. (side note, those places are soooo cool) The whole way up to Williamsburg which is where the party was at we talk about how much fun we are going to have and she can run wild, etc etc. Well, we arrive and Laura has glued herself to me. She litteraly will not pry herself off me, and SHE NEVER is like that. Never been much of a cuddler or anything. She was seriously freaking out on me. I tried to put her down she just wrapped herself tighter around me. She would let a few people hold her, but she was not going to let those feet hit the ground in there. Outgoing my behind... Maybe I should add, panic attacks in social settings with kids her age...

I even took off my shoes and got my big behind in one of the blow up things to show her how much fun it was, and she just sat in it crying while I jumped up and down. She seemed to enjoy it when I held her and jumped around, but put her down and it was all over with...

When we went to do cake and icecream she started to warm up some, but by then it was over. I just don't get it, and I am already dreading the first day of preschool when I drop her off. Maybe Dave and I need to hit up the YMCA some more so she can mingle with kids her age, or maybe I need to do some play dates with some friends who have kids her age. Who knows, but I don't want to be a big liar on the form I filled out.

No comments: