Tuesday, January 8, 2008

TV Drama!

I have not typed on here for a few days now as this damn new TV has consumed our lives, and as I sit here and type I look up where the TV SHOULD be and there's nothing but a wall mount... YES this project started Sunday and is not even over yet.

Sunday Dave and my best good friend Aaron dry walled, or rather Aaron did. Monday apparently Dave spent all day ALL DAY I stress, figuring out how to put together the wallmout ( I guess reading the directions were unmanly). When I came home from work it was finally put on the wall, and then for about 3 hours Dave couldn't figure out how to program the channels so it could work. Not trying to bash Dave here, as I couldn't figure it out either, nor could my dad, his dad, and some friends lol. SOOOO we finally figure it out, and low and behold Dave is not happy with the picture, and turns out it was blurry because it was too big for the room. If you stood in the living room and looked at the TV it looked great, but if you sat on the couch it was blurry... So then after all that work Dave packs it up and takes the TV back. The rest of the night was spent trying to find another one like he wanted in a 42 inch size, which was impossible as everyone was sold out after the holidays... So Dave spent the rest of the night pouting and feeling unmanly as he didn't have his big TV...

Today as he was off he played golf, and then deceided after we went to Chucky Cheese with the kids that we would check one last place, which THANK GOD, have the TV he needed to be manly. Now my dear husband has gone to Lowe's to find some screw he lost for the wall mounts before he can hang the TV, so hopefully (fingers crossed) the TV will be put up some point tonight...

But its not over there, as they did not completely close the hole behind the TV they left an opening for wires, but the opening is too big as you can see in from the sides on one end so that has to be fixed at some point this lifetime, AND our den needs to be repainted now. I have at least picked the color, and there was talk of him buying the paint on his quest for the missing screw, so we shall see.....

In other Giles Drama Dave's grandmother has perked up, but this may be that last perk up before the end. I don't know if anyone else ever sees that, but I see it all the time near death, where they just seem fine all of the sudden, and they have their chances to say goodbye, and then thats it. Hopefully she still has some time though as she's obviously putting up a fight, but I am hoping to GOD that a social worker / discharge planner will sit the family down and discuss Hospice care. It really would benefit the family and her.

I did weight myself today and I am down this week, but since the start of weightwatchers I have only lost 2lbs now with all the fluctuating over the holidays as I didn't exactly follow the diet at all so I can't complain but so much....

No comments: