Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Binky Update

I totally have not addressed the issue of the Binky yet with Laura. I know I know. How dare I put her teeth in Jeopardy, an blah blah blah. I have not even cut a single one yet. Mainly I have just been so freaking tired lately I don't want to deal with drama at bed time, cause if there is drama then not only does Laura go without sleep, but so does Rachel as her bedroom is next to Laura's and then mom is up taking care of two mad babies while Daddy works nights. I don't even know how she got so freaking attached to it. She never really cared for it when she was a baby, and I never put her to bed with one when she was young, but somehow some way she became attached, and I know I am just making it harder an harder the longer I wait. I guess maybe I should round all the Binky's up between my house an my parents house, and make sure she only has them at night for a while or nap time. She usually only wants them then, but if she comes across the millions hidden around the house she pops one in. She also sometimes likes them for car rides, but lately shes happy if she has her baby doll on car rides and doesn't need a binky as much.

I wonder if we just go cold turkey if it will just be 1 or 2 bad nights and then she is cured. I am concerned about Laura getting mad seeing Rachel with one. Rachel has a very different looking Binky that Laura never messes with or will put in her mouth, but I wonder how she will take it if I take Rachel's away. Should I just take both of their binky's away at the same time?

I guess no matter what I decide to go with I just need to just take some action on the matter instead of putting it off. I have been talking to her about how big girls do not need binky's so maybe thats some progress...

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Okay, so I have to know how this ends up b/c J would NEVER take a binky. We tried and tried and he just wasn't interested. C has taken one since birth and I've often wondered how it'll go when we try to take it away.

I've heard of people giving it to the Easter bunny or Santa...do you think she'd go for that? Yikes...