Saturday, March 1, 2008

My week wrap up...

Miss Rachel is just a walking fool... she even let me put shoes on her yesterday AND she kept them on all day! Could this mean she's over her shoe fear? I think the problem was with Laura since she was our first born, we would dress her up all the time when she was a baby, and she would be head to toe and all matchy matchy. So she was wearing shoes pretty much from the time she got home from the hospital. With Rachel I still dressed her up but I have to admit not as much, and I didn't care as much if her blanket didn't match her outfit, etc etc. and I didn't take the time to force those little toes in cute shoes. Sigh... I sound like a bad mom right?

It was also a sad week as a friend and coworker of Dave's lost him mom. I knew both him and his brother from way back in the day from my baseball days, and I remember how cool I thought him mom was. She had a pretty good streak of wild in her, but I just remember thinking what a devoted person she was when I was around her. The day I had to go to the emergency room a few weeks ago, Dave and his friend were together doing Valentine shopping for us awesome wives, and his mom had called saying she was going to the ER for some pain, and I called saying I had to go as well for my own personal drama. So we all ended up spending some quality time there together. I ended up getting the all good to go, but his mom soon learned she had cancer, and by the 26th she was gone. I can't imagine losing a parent. I know its going to happen one day, but it doesn't make it any easier.

Other then that things have been a bit lazy. Last night I toyed with the idea of heading out to get a pedicure, but as I looked around the house, I soon learned that I needed to keep my butt home and get some things done. Dave likes to do laundry which is a big help, but he doesn't like to put the items away. He will even go as far to hang the clothing or folding them, but he will hang the kids clothes on my dryer rack, and sort them by having Laura's on one side and Rachel's on the other, but he can't seem to walk up stairs and put them in their closets. Seriously, they will sit on the rack for a week, and I watch as well testing to see if this is the week he will walk upstairs with the items and put them away.


Dave does however, love the vacume. I think its because he is thinks the Dyson is cool with all its little handy parts and what not. I think its funny to watch him push around the purple beast. He is also obsessed with cleaning products for our wood floors. When we picked out the flooring when we were building, I made the call for a matte finish, an apparently David thinks they need to be super shiny. He will repeatedly ask me why they seem to have a cloudy look to them even after they are cleaned. I have tried over and over to explain to him that its because its not a gloss finish, its a matte finish, but apparently he thinks I am a liar. This causes him to spend money on a gazillion floor cleaning supplies. The other day he called a floor place to find out what they recommend to clean floors. For his birthday many years ago, he asked for some floor steam cleaner thing. I am not sure what I have to do tell him no matter what he does its just not going to happen, and as much crap as he has rubbed on our floors hes probably rubbed them raw.

So I spent a lot of time sorting clothes last night, and just trying to put stuff away.

Tonight though, will be some time to be carefree. We are heading back to PF Changs in Virginia Beach to have dinner with some friends and I can't wait! The food is sooooo good!

No comments: