Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Crossing my fingers for neighbors who are not on Geritol

So one of my neighbors put up a for sale sign in their yard yesterday, so this is when I pray that a young family moves in. A few houses on our street have gone for sale over the years and I always get disappointed in what moves in. The house on the other side of parents was sold to a lady who lives in Florida and she just wants the house a few times a year when she visits her family who lives nerby, the rest of the time it sits there, and she has her son in law do the upkeep and apparently he is lazy. The grass will often reach massive heights before he will come over an cut it, and usually my parents end up call the city on it as its just plain rude and an eye sore to the neighborhood.

We did have a couple who had a baby on our street. They were older then us but our kids were close in age and I had some high hopes of some play dates, but they moved away a few months ago, and of course a retired couple moved in their place. There is another house that has two children about highschool/middle school age, but they are not exactly friendly. They do not talk to anyone and when I have made attempts to wave at them they just stare at me like I have lost my mind.

Don't get me wrong, its a nice neighborhood, and its safe. I feel good about one day letting the kids play outside without me right there on top of them, but I just want some people that are friendly and it would really rock if they had kids somewhere in the age ranges of ours, or that will one day have some kids.

No comments: