Monday, March 17, 2008

I'm Back!!!

I actually got in yesterday about noon, we had planned on coming back on Monday but we were able to see all the sights and shop our hearts out and come back early. I had a good time, and enjoyed my first family family vacation with my parents, and yeah I am 27 years old lol. I missed Dave and my girls terribly, and was happy we came home a day early. What a great husband I have that let me not only go on this trip, but let me scrapbook last weekend. Of course he had some fun himself too, he got to play golf twice while I was out of town, so it evens out a little bit.

We left Thursday about 9am I guess give or take. It was a looong drive as we went the long way up. We didn't go through DC, we went through all these country back roads. We got there about 4pm I guess, and we stayed at this hotel that was right smack in a outlet shopping center. Rockvale Outlets are pretty sweet, and it was nice to be able to walk right out the door and be right at some shops. Immediately we shopped at Rockvale, and I discovered a Pottery Barn Kids and regular Pottery Barn outlets. I have never been to those outlets before and I pray Williamsburg will add them one day. I got so much Pottery Barn kids stuff for the kids. All the toys were marked down already, and then there was 40% off in addition, so "Santa" has stocked up for Christmas . There is also no clothing tax in Pennsylvania so that was even better.

Friday we spent the morning around the Amish Villages. We went to a few farm markets, and I spent time just staring amazingly at the Amish people. I am sure they are used to it, but I actually controlled myself and only took pictures of them from inside the car hoping they wouldn't see me. Believe me I was dying to just jump in front on one and snap some pictures. They just fascinate me. I didn't really understand their lifestyle or know anything about them before, so I soaked up all I could learn, and I have probably already bored my husband to death as I rattled off facts about them when I came home. I seriously would love to live with them for like one week just to learn more, but I know I probably wouldn't be able to survive lol.

Later Friday we drove to Reading, PA to some shopping center out there called Vanity Fair, which is enormous. It's this huge old factory they turned into a outlet center and the deals were again crazy. We spent the rest of the day there pretty much hunting for bargains.

The food was amazing. We went to these Smorgasbord places for dinner and breakfast that were out of this world. We usually grabbed a small lunch on the go from wherever. We did have one bad encounter for dinner the last night at a BBQ place. IT was horrific. I should have known they were bad when I asked for Hot sauce and they didn't have any. I mean what kind of establishment that sells BBQ doesn't have Texas Pete or Tabasco Sauce. The BBQ tasted so nasty as well, and it was shaven, not pulled or shredded. I seriously gagged my way through half of it and then threw it away.

Saturday my mom and I did a Amish Farm house tour. Amish people do not live there anymore, but its a real house a family once lived in that you get a tour of, and you also get to tour the farm that someone still runs. It was interesting, and such a beautiful place. We spent the rest of Saturday going back through a few outlets grabbing some more deals. I bought a lot for the kids, got Dave a few things for summer, and got myself a few things. I did get a new Duvet Cover for our bed that I am psyched about. I would love to go back in two more months. Why? Well in two more months I should know the sex of the baby we are having. Yes, I am pregnant, and yes I am pretty far along. I still am not really showing yet, and Dave and I have kept this pregnancy pretty quiet as I really do not want to hear any snide comments. For example, Dave told one of his friends this weekend, and the guy said back to him "Dude, what were you thinking" Seriously I am tempted to call him up and be like, yeah Ryan this is exactly what my life plan was all along, to have three kids under three, and then call him a A##@))@ an hang up. Yes this is a surprise, and apparently birth control just doesn't work for me. Regardless, I am excited and I know this is happening for a reason. We have not told everyone yet, as at first we wanted to wait until the first doc appointment to make sure everything was ok, and that has come and past. Dave's parents just found out a few weeks ago. I guess the first people we told was my mom, and we told my Dad after my granny's funeral. They have been very supportive, and are excited for us, and have not said anything rude. I know its crazy to have kids so close in age, and I am aware its alot of work, but luckily Dave and I can provide for three and we have enough love for another. I am in the 2nd trimester now, so I guess its time to start preparing! It killed me not knowing what the sex was while shopping this weekend. I want to start planning right now. I don't care what it is, another girl would be fine, and a boy would be cool as well. I can't really use what clothes I have for the girls anyway, as this baby is coming in September, and my others came in Feb, so the seasons don't really coordinate anyways. I am sure some things I can use again, but for the most part I will need some new stuff. I also gave away a lot of the smaller clothes as I had thought we were done having babies lol. But believe me, I still have a crap load of stuff, so once I find out the sex I am either packing it up for consignment or arranging it in the new nursery. Thank god we have a ton of bedrooms lol. So thats my big news but remember, some joking is fine but I don't want to hear any rude comments people!!! Remember I am pregnant again, an when I am pregnant I tend to be a bit moody.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Congratulations!!! First of all, I haven't 'visited' you on here in forever! Sorry...things have been nuts. BUT, this is wonderful news! I'm so happy for you and firmly believe this is a perfect, amazing gift---I don't believe these things happen by any accident. I got pregnant w/ J while on the pill and that was after being on it for 7 years and never once having any issues or problems to indicate it wouldn't work. It was a huge shock but a wonderful one too. I can't wait to hear what you're having!!! Yay!!!

Anonymous said...

YEA!!!!!! Official congratulations to you and the fam. Just cause some people were raised in a barn and have no couth doesn't mean we shouldn't celebrate this blessing. Congratulations!