Tuesday, March 18, 2008

On my Soap Box...

I have a friend from grad school who gave birth to a little boy in 2005 who is almost three. He was born with a disease and in the near future he will have to have a liver transplant. Even with health insurance the costs are enourmous, and she has linked with an organization to help raise money for her little boy. This year volunteers are hosting the 2nd annual mini golf tournament in Richmond, VA (where my friend lives) and for $10 you can play mini golf, eat some good food, play games AND there will be a silent auction. The proceeds will go to Cole Hafer (the little boy requiring the transplant)

I have taken the job role of trying to get items for the silent auction. I did this for Riverside when I worked for them a few years ago in my local area, and I have drafted a letter to send out to businesses. I have kept in mind who has donated to me in the past, and of course I am going to try to hit them all up again, however I was wondering if anyone out there had any ideas of businesses either in our area or the Richmond area for me to hit up, just so I can think outside my intial zone. Also, if anyone knows of anyone who would be willing to donate ANY ITEM for the event let me know. There is a tax id number as well if anyone needs it for their records.


So give me some ideas!!!!!

No comments: