Thursday, March 6, 2008

Thoughts?

Sigh... while leaving work to go home today I was backing up, and so was the chick behind me and we hit each other. Why is it every little fender bender I have had occurs in a parking lot? I never saw her, she never saw me as we were both too concerned with this truck that was waiting for us to move, and of course he couldn't honk to warn us we were about to hit each other. So basically its hard to really say who is at fault as apparently noone wanted to come and say who's fault it was. So we exchanged insurance info and addresses, and left. The damage on my car is a small dent on my back bumper, no big deal at all. Her's was even less of a dent.

So I wake my husband up at home to ask him what I need to do as he's the cop. His advice to me, do nothing. He says since it happend in a parking lot and the damage is barely visable and noone saw or admitted fault its up to ourselves to just take care of ourselves. I wouldn't dream to get my insurance company to fix my fall dent. I can personally live with it, but just so I can sell the Pontiac one day I might get the Dent Doctor to pop it out.

So I am wondering if the other person involved is feeling the same way. If shes going to just take care of hers on her own if she even does anything. What I do worry about is the fact she took a picture of her car with her cell phone I think anyways. I also worry cause people are Sue Happy these days and I hope she doesn't pull a "oh I am injured now and unable to work crap." I only worry as a friend of mine who was driving her husbands car that they have under as a business vehicle for his company had a small parking lot fender bender like my own, and nothing was majorly wrong, but the lady claimed all this medical crap and sued the insurance company for several thousand dollars.

So my husband is telling me to do nothing, and I guess I will just wait and see if this chick calls me.

No comments: