Sunday, March 2, 2008

my craft attempt ....



This morning, I woke up and checked some blogs that I love to read. A friend of mine, Becca who is quite the crafty person, had posted a new blog in which she showed a easter egg wreath she had made. It inspired me so much, I immediatly foun a Michael's coupon from my Sunday paper and called me mom to see if she wanted to go with me while I got my supplies. We got there as soon as they opened, and I grabbed some eggs, and the straw wreath and came back home to dig out my hot glue gun and get to work.


After I was done I compared my wreath to Becca's and well mine is pretty tacky compared to hers. I like the color of eggs she used better, and hers looks very orderly and neat. I would like to say Laura helped me out with this and that is why mine looks like a bunch of crazy pastel ballons glued together, but it was all me. Oh well, I am still going to rock the tacky thing on my door.


So above is mine and Becca's creation. Her's has the black door as the background, and mine of course if the tacky one lol. Next time if I make another one I will keep a picture of hers handy.
The first year we were in our house I made a similar wreath with Christmas balls. It looked really pretty actually, but I didn't use enough hot glue, and my nephews have a horrible habbit of slamming my front door and little by little the balls would fall off and bust all over the porch. I think it was thrown away before Christmas even came.
But anyways, I have a bunch of eggs leftover, and I think I will use them to have a easter egg hunt on easter with my families kiddos. And if the wreath gets on my nerves I will disassemble it and use those eggs for the hunt as well.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is gorgeous! i wish i was a bit craftier!!!

Becca said...

I think it's beautiful! You did a wonderful job, and you need to give yourself more credit! I like the bright colors, too. Mike told me mine didn't look that good because you can see some of the hot glue (up close) I wasn't that neat with the glue...oh well.

The Oakes said...

i hope you don't think im a weirdo but i saw you comment on becca's blog (she is my friend from college) and your name "two under two" caught my eye. i saw your blog about taking your 2 yr olds paci away and i had to tell you how well it worked for us. i have a two yr old as well. we just took his away too...well santa took it. check out our blog i have a post about it on Feb. 20th. good luck!

Jenny said...

I'm impressed! I need to make myself do stuff like that again. Since #2 came along, I've been a big ol' mommy slacker in the craft dept. :0)

Anonymous said...

Your wreath is beautiful!! Don't even compare them, Homey. By the way, I'm coming to visit in April!