Saturday, February 9, 2008

Some sappyness...

I just wanted to thank everyone for the cards, and nice emails and what not I have received because of my granny passing away. Everything was so nice, and from the heart. I wanted to share a sympathy card that my other grandmother sent me. This is my grandma that is 90 years old (my dads mom) She wrote: "Robyn your grandmother was a wonderful person and a dear friend of mine all the years I've known her and I have missed her all the years she has been ill. It breaks my heart that she has not been able to know and love little Laura and Rachel. They are such a joy to us and mean everything to be with us this time in our life."

When I read this I immediatly started bawling, but it was so sweet of her to write those words. My grandparents went to the funeral with us last week, and before the service started, my grandfather took me aside and told me that when my other grandfather passed I was about Laura's age and that he took me aside during the service when I got upset. He offered to take the kids from me during my grannys if I needed it. I thanked him and thought to myself I couldn't imagine he could handle them now, but thought it was so sweet of him. One of my earliest memories was my grandfather's funeral. I remember my dad holding me and taking me to look at him in his casket. I remember touching him and wondering why he was "sleeping", and I remember my mom crying so much. She was such a daddy's girl herself, that this just broke her heart when her dad passed. I remember trying to give her my toys whenever she would get upset, cause my toys always made me happy.

Anyways, I am so thankful to have such a great family. They never cease to amaze me with kidness, love, and wisdom. They have been great examples for me, and I hope my kids will say the same thing about me one day.

No comments: