Monday, February 25, 2008

My big 2 year old....

Laura had her 2 year check up today which was an interesting experience. Dave was off so he wanted to come a long. Her appointment was scheduled during naptime, which isn't the best time to try to do an outting. I tried to put her down earlier but she wasn't having it. So in the office we are waiting in the lobby and it was just us in the waiting room, and Laura deciedes she is going to act like a monkey on the couches. She never does that at home or at my moms, but apparently she was a bit nutty without her nap, and after trying to get her to sit (any tips for trying to get a 2 year old to sit quietly guys?) I just let her pretend she's a monkey. This is when mean office lady comes out to tell Laura (really her horrible parents) that she needs to sit down or she might hurt herself) which was code for - control your ill behaving child before she falls off and you parents sue us. Shame on Dave and me.

So, she got a prick on the finger for some lab work and she handled that fine- no crying or anything, but she didn't want that bandaid on her finger to save her life. Her height and weight are both in the 50th percentile now, which is outstanding, as shes always been in the low almost off the chart end for both. Everything else went fine. She didn't have to get any shots as she wont need any until shes's 4 years old, besides the flu shots each year she normally gets. I discussed with the doctor the dreaded binky taking away that is in our future. He suggests cutting the tips of them off so they lose suction and then he thinks she is going to march over to the trash can and throw them all away, and just be done with them. HAHAHAHA. I would love for it to go that way, but I bet its going to be a bit harder then that. Maybe I should have taken it away when she turned 1. But regardless it needs to be done, and I am not looking forward to it. Rachel still uses a binky but she can sleep without it, she doesn't seem as attatched to it as Laura. One good thing is her binky is alot different then all of Laura's and Laura doesn't like her binkys and refuses to use them, so hopefully she wont try to steal hers. So in the next few weeks I guess we will toy with the idea of taking it away, so keep our sanity in your thoughts....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've always wondered how you're supposed to break the binky habit. I've tried my hardest not to let Aidan be dependent on one and he doesn't seem to mind whether he has one or not.