Friday, February 15, 2008

Meet the potty....

She is so going to kill me years from now when she looks back at this picture.... Anyways, Laura has been working on her potty vocab, and she has started to tell us when shes gone potty in her diaper. Of course she tells us after she does it, but thats got to be some sort of progress. We decieded to go a head and buy a potty so she can get used to it and we can work slowly on potty training. She seems to like her potty, and sat on it for a while last night, but she has yet to go in the potty. This morning she tore of her pants and diaper and wanted to sit on it again, and she still didn't potty on it, but hey, baby steps I guess. I don't even know how to go about potty training her. I know I could probably read some books or something, but I rather just let her take the lead, so its on her terms. This one lady I know from work has a little girl the same age, and she has said she was going to put her baby in cloth diapers when she turned 2 so she would feel it more when she goes to help with potty training. Not a bad idea, but I am not so sure if cloth diapers would work with me. My mom used them with me when I was a baby and she had a diaper service and all that jazz, but I am pretty adjusted to the nice pampers lol. Not sure if I have what it takes to go the cloth diaper route. Yes call me a bad mother right now.

So anyways, the potty training adventure has sorta begun I guess, though I don't think shes going to be potty trained fully any time soon =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

According to my mother, here's how she potty-trained me.

1. Buy big girl underwear.
2. Put on big girl underwear.
3. Place child on tile surface.
4. Let said child go potty in underwear.

Supposedly, I went once and never again because I didn't like the wet feeling. Imagine that!