Friday, February 22, 2008

Friday

So I am taking today off anyways even though I had to be home Tuesday as I am not organized enough to work today and get stuff done for Miss Rachel's party. Earlier today though I made my mom happy by going to the Quilt Show in Hampton. This was my third year going with my mom. The first year I had just come home from the hospital from having Laura, and I was a wee bit uncomfortable walking around so much from having a baby, and last year I was a day or so away from having Rachel so I was again pretty uncomfortable. But I still enjoy looking at everything. Each year it reminds me of how I would love to learn to sew and quilt. However, I need another hobby like a I need a hole in my head. I don't have enough time to scrapbook these days let alone take on something so challenging and expensive. It still amazes me how talented people are. I love looking at the juried quilts. They have a ton of booths set up selling fabrics and patterns for quilting, and it erks me each year that they don't have actual completed items for sale for non talented people like me to just buy already done. The last two years my mom has bought kits for things I have liked. The first year was a wall hanging for Laura's room, and last year there was a quilt kit that I wanted her to make for me. I have yet to see the finished work of those items yet, but I know she has been working on the quilt for me. I am sure its hard for her to find time since she watches my two crazy kids when I work. My mom was after me to pick out something new this year for her to make for me and I refused as I rather her just catch up on the other projects lol.

Interestingly enough my grandmothers lawyer sent me a copy of her will yesterday. It was so weird seeing her signatures again. I really miss her and just wish she was here in her right mind right now. She would have loved seeing my girls and knowing they were a part of her. But I guess she's here in spirit now.

No comments: