Friday, February 8, 2008

arggg

I am going to vent some about job stuff… I have a patient at one of my clinics who is elderly and has needed transportation to treatment. Transportation is a huge pain in my behind, as its very limited, and what not. He needed wheelchair transport. It took me freaking forever to find someone to bring him, and he needed to change his regular appointment times for treatment as he was coming early in the morning , and none of the transportation companies operate that early. So I caught grief from staff forever cause I couldn’t find anyone to bring him, he had no family to help out, etc etc. WELL, transportation has been found and life is good right?
NOPE. He is on our last shift for treatments and his treatment lasts a bit longer then everyone elses. Well, if there is an opening earlier, they call him at home, and ask him to come in early. Did I mention he no longer even has a drivers license as he is medically unstable to drive?? Also, if he skips his set up transportation eventually they will take him off their list and he wont have transportation any longer. Apparently noone seems to care but me as they all know this. This man is so weak after treatment we have to lift him in his car and if I am there working I am usually asked to put him in his car, and I don’t think I will be breaking my back anymore. This poor man is going to end up crashing and hurting himself and others potentially. I am documenting like crazy the actions I am seeing, cause this is not going to be my butt in trouble if something happens.
Other then that, I really do love my job. I really do. I just am a bit furious, and already ready to scream at a staff member if they tell me to help him to his car.

No comments: