Sunday, January 30, 2011

Valentine's Day door decoration....





First of all I can not take credit for this. I saw this on a friends facebook page and thought it would be a blast to do with the kids. So props for my friend for the inspiration!

I drew a large heart on some cardboard (I used part of the box that the smoker I got Dave for his birthday came in). I then cut out the heart. I took pink and white tissue paper because that is what I had (my friend used pink and red), and cut them into small squares. Don't sweat the size or making them perfect as it doens't matter. Then using glue sticks, and some Elmer's (my girls had to all have their own glue), we bunch up the tissues and started sicking them on close together, and worked until it was covered. To be honest by 3 year old and 2 year old grew tired of it after a little bit, so Laura and I finished it up. After it dried I secured a ribbon with packing tape to the back, and we hung it on the door. The girls think it's so pretty, and I am excited to have another Valentine's Day decoration that we all helped make. I might attempt this with a clover for St. Patricks Day.





Photobucket

3 comments:

AverettLadyNana said...

Very pretty!!!

Unknown said...

what a great idea! and its great that the kids can help out! I love that:) thanks for sharing

Kelli @ Momma Needs a Beer said...

Love this idea!! Especially since I have all of the supplies on hand. I may have to steal it myself!