Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Another year older...






Yesterday was my husbands birthday, and the poor guy celebrated his birthday in a house of sick kiddos...Last week our middle child had strep throat, and over the weekend the other two girls were sniffly, but by Monday they needed to see the doctor.... Crazy enough they tested positve for the flu...I was going to cancel the party for Dave, but I made the mistake of letting Laura hear me say that, and she got upset (my kids live for birthday parties/cake), so we went through with it, but gave warning.... Sounds awful, but honestly the kids slept through the whole thing except for the cake part, and I worked hard to sanatize the house before hand....Those who were afraid of germs had the option to stay home.



So... despite sickness drama 2011, Dave had a nice birthday. I got him an electric smoker that he was begging for (scored a good deal online, and got to use ebates.com woohoo). He better smoke me a ton of ribs with it.... We had a taco bar, which was really easy to do, and I made some homemade guacamole and pico from my hero Pioneer Woman.

Today I am making sure the kids take it easy, and I am trying to keep Rachel away from the other two, so she doesn't pick up the flu. My chances are slim to none, but I gotta make the effort.


In off the topic news, if you enjoy reading you have to check out http://www.goodreads.com/ it's really a neat way to keep track of what you read, get recommendations of books you would like to read, check out reviews etc. If you sign up (it's free) friend me! I have already made a list of book that I must read! Oh I also joined a real live book club! Not through goodreads.com but through some friends in the junior leauge! A book club ranks up there with me wanting to find a bunco group...We are meeting for the first time this week to pick out the books, and pick months to host, but this has been pretty exciting.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Readings, Recipes and Rambles said...

Hi Robyn,

I LOVE Goodreads as well!! I will send a friend request!

Maureen