Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Rent the Runway....

(Image from Renttherunway.com)

I have an event to go to later next month for Junior League, and I am supposed to dress up. The theme is Vintage Vegas, and they are encouraging us to dress the part. This means sequins, long gloves, flapper type looks etc. I don't exactly have that look in my current closet. Ok, so I do have some sequin prom dreses still that I just can't part with, but they are not going to fit these days... I could probably buy something that I don't really love, wear it once, and then it would remain in my closet for a very long time time.... I did check around the stores, and even at TJMAXX, but the bottom line is I don't want to pay a lot for a dress, but I still want to look cute.

So after looking around on http://www.renttherunway.com/ I figured I would try it out. They have fancy name dresses that pretty much cost more then my wedding dress, that you can rent for a small fee. You pick out two sizes to play it safe, they include insurance in the event something gets spilled, ripped, etc, and they pay for you to return it to them. This is pretty genious. Also, if you want another style, you can pick another dress for another small fee and they send them all to you. I also found a code for an extra $15 off my order!

So to make a long story short, I found a great dress that is perfect for the event, and per the reviews that I read, it should fit ok. (crossing fingers, and breaking out the spanx). The dress pictured above is what I am getting. If for some reason, it's a total flop, I can return it and get my money back, and just pay for the delivery charges. In that case I have a plain black dress that I wear all the time, but I will just wear it again and jazz it up with some fun jewlery or something.

I am hopeful that this dress works out, and I feel excited to have paid less then I probably would have paid elsewhere but get a great name dress, that hopefully I will feel confident in!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How neat! You'll have to post pictures from the party.