Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sunday brain dump....



First things first I have to share a black eyed pea receipe... This was from Pioneer Woman's Website, and it's from her SIL. It's stupid good. I say this as someone who does not exactly like black eyed peas. I normally have a spoon full on New Year's Eve and then toss the rest in the trash can. Instead of wasting the goods I made this dip with a can, and my husband and I ate it up in record time. It was like a spicy tex mex dip. The peas in it were just like refried beans, so if your not a refried beans person you may not like it. We loved it! It will be made again very soon.

Click Here

I mastered putting away all of the Christmas decorations (ok so the pink tree is still in the playroom, but we will get to that in a few days, the girls have just really enjoyed it, and that just goes in some attic space in the playroom so no biggy putting that away, 5 min job tops). I am trying to still get some ideas for Valentines Day decorations... we are heading out of town in less then a week and as luck has it, we are driving through Richmond and their Hobby Lobby just opended up... The husband will be stopping for me, or I will just grab the wheel myself. I bet they will have a ton of cute ideas for V-day. We are heading back up to Massanutten, and this year the older girls are going to attempt skiing. Dave will be leading this adventure as I super suck at it, and rather sit my happy tail in a snow tube.

1 comment:

AverettLadyNana said...

I don't like refried beans but loved the black eye pea dip!!! It's to die for...