Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday morning thoughts...

In my quest to attempt to take more time for fitness, I tried a workout class yesterday. There is a lady in my local area who has her own company, and she does bootcamps, and kickboxing around the local area. She does the bootcamps outside, and during the summer she even had some sessions at the pool we belong to. I always had heard about her and her classes, but was too chicken to do it. I figured I would give it a shot though, and did a kickboxing class that she held at a local highschool.

Well I am still alive lol. It was intense. I was scared to death beforehand. New stuff freaks me out if you can't already tell. I got so flustered just walking into the classroom that I forgot my water. Major mistake on my part. Everyone was so welcoming and nice, and the owner/instructor was really encouraging. It lasted one hour, but seriously it was a great workout. I did want to throw up near the end, but I survived, and I plan on doing it again. They do the kickboxing every Thursday, and then they have outdoor bootcamps on Fridays and Saturdays. I guess now I need to brave up for a bootcamp class, and I might give that a go next week.... If anyone locally wants more info on this company just email me/facebook me, and please come to a class with me!

In other non-workout news I have figured out the birthday plans for the girls. I booked the combined kid party, and I have dates for their separate family parties, and I am happy and the girls are excited! I nixed all other brainstorms for the party place and went with the "My Gym". I can't get over how organized and kid friendly it was. It was like this place new exactly what I was looking for/needed. Now I can actually concentrate on getting things ready for my husbands party that I am throwing him on Monday now lol.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I want to do a kickboxing class, but after what just playing Wii boxing did to me, I don't think I could handle it.