Monday, October 20, 2008

Scrapping...

Today for about 10 min I scrapbooked. This morning the oldest two wanted to play in the playroom, and Emily was napping (by the way she slept the entire night and didn't wake up until 7:40am woohoo) so I escaped in the scrapbook room. I finished one page, and last week I finished up a two page layout. Don't get excited, these pages are not that interesting. I didn't use any stickers or any other cool embellishment, or even journaled. I did put up a title for each page that I cut out with the Cricut. I just don't have the time to think up a cool page and spend forever working on it, or figuring out where my stuff is. It's so hard to keep scrapbook stuff organized, especially if you have a crap load of it... So my pages are not going to be too exciting, unless sometime in the next century I get to go away on a crop which isn't happening. There are several crops coming up in Williamsburg, one is in November, and two are after the first of the year, but I didn't sign up for any as I don't really want to ditch the kids just yet for a weekend. I wouldn't mind ditching them for a evening of scrapbooking though lol.

The last few years I have made small books for my parents and Dave's parents. I am amusing myself with the idea of doing another one this year, but I just don't know yet. If I do them they will be simple- and not as nice as the ones I have done for them in the past. I am pretty proud of those books I have done for them and put a lot of effort in them, so its going to be a ego blow to me to give them books that are not as elaborate. I am sure they wont mind though. One thing is for sure, if I am going to do them I need to get cracking on it. I don't have any small albums so I guess it have to hit up my Creative Memories lady or I might try to find something cheaper at Michael's.

I have a feeling more and more that I will be getting into the digital scrapbooking as my main mode. I have already done some pages with it using www.howfasttheygrow.com I am going to do Emily's book mainly using them. Their quality is great, its easy and fast to use, and they are always mailing specials for free shipping or 15-20% off all the time. Basically it costs the same or even cheaper sometimes as scrapbooking the hands on way. Don't get me wrong, I love the hands on way as I like being able to create, and have a little arts and craft personal moment, but I also want my books done and not be years and years behind.

Photobucket

No comments: