Wednesday, October 1, 2008

2 weeks

Emily is 2 weeks old today! She's just been doing great. She's a pretty easy going baby. Dave is still home with me, he goes back next week. I have really appreciated his help. Dave gets to go to school with Laura Friday, which should be interesting... It's our families turn to volunteer in the classroom, and I am not supposed to lift anything heavier then baby still, so he gets the duty this time. Hopefully since Dave will be staying she wont have as much of a melt down, or maybe it will just make the following weeks meltdown worse since she might expect one of us to stay with her. Oh well... In time it will get easier.

Laura has started being a monster at bedtime. Both Laura and Rachel are usually great with nap times and bedtimes... however now she gets upset at bedtime and when taken upstairs she screams and cries. Sometimes she will stop and go to sleep, sometimes she keeps going full speed, and then one of us goes up there to talk to her, and then she goes to bed. This started when we came home with Emily. There doesn't seem to be any jealousy- but I am thinking maybe she doesn't get it why Emily is staying downstairs with us while she heads to bed. I don't know...I am just glad that Rachel so far has not been woken up by some miracle when Laura starts into her best dramatic actress routine... Maybe she needs a nightlight?

Today I have a doc appointment to make sure my belly is healing ok. Emily also has a 2 week check up later on, and somewhere in there we need to make a Costco run for milk,food, and of course diet coke.

I think I am going to have to pass on the hot yoga classes this time. I checked into it and the last beginer class of the year starts next week... It was also more expensive then I thought, so I think it is too soon for me to do it after having baby, and I don't need to spend the money on it.

Photobucket

No comments: