Friday, September 24, 2010

A yummy chip dip!

Tonight we are going to a friend's birthday party, and I made a new dip to bring to it.  It's called That Tailgate Dip.  It's in my area's Junior League cookbook, and it's easy and yummy.  At our new member meeting this past week it was served, and I fell in love.  This is a cold dip so it's easy to take else where.  Just serve it with some corn chips, pretzels or crackers.

You will need:
1 brick of cream cheese (I love calling those 8oz packs bricks)
1 stick of butter
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
garlic powder to tase (I used a tsp)
8oz sharp cheddar cheese shredded (stole this from my mom next door)
1 10 oz can of rotel drained (I used walmart brand)

Combine everything in your handy dandy mixer except the cheddar cheese and rotel.  Once all of that is creamy then mix in the cheddar and rotel.  Store in your fridge to chill, and then enjoy later!
Photobucket

No comments: