Saturday, September 18, 2010

My Tucker for Target review

I kept hearing all his buzz and excitement about the Tucker for Target line. Gilt even had a early sale that sold out of the items pretty quickly, blogger buzzed about how wonderfuly made the items were. To be honest with you, I don't even know who or what Tucker is. I know who the big name designers are, but this up and coming trendy ones I don't have a clue on. Guess that just tells ya I am not exactly a trendy person.

Anyways, I got curious about all the buzz, and when my Target got in the items I was super confused. The quality looks crappy to me. I could see some strings on the clothes, and some of the material looking like it would fray if washed. Call me crazy, but it looks all like stuff my granny would have worn. Now don't get me wrong, my granny was pretty hip, but it's all poly stuff. I knew the dresses would without a doubt make me look like a granny, but I thought maybe the navy blouse they had would be ok. So I bought it, and hello that stupid blouse was $30, and no matter who designed it, it's still coming from a Target and who wants to spend that much on one clothing item from target. Anyways, I tried on the blouse in the comforts of my home, and it looked horrible on me. It was too flowy and billowy, and flowy and billowy just doesn't look good on someone of average size. I think this line would look great on someone skinny, but on people like me who wear an 8 or 10 forget about it. Spanx wouldn't even be able to help me fake it with these clothes.

The blouse got returned the next day. I am going to use the money to get something from Lands End Canvas. I at least know their stuff is well made and classics.

Photobucket

No comments: