Friday, September 3, 2010

Better Homes and Gardens Inspiration...





I stole my mom's latest Better Homes and Garden Halloween edition, and was plotting making this trick or treater witch shadow. During the kids naps I figured I would attempt to draw out the outline of the witch on some left over plywood we had in the garage. This magazine did not offer a pattern, so I just took a red sharpie and attempted to eyeball it. Once I was satisfied I thought about waiting until my husband was home to cut it out for me, but I have the patience of a 2 year old, so within 1 minute of getting it done, I was begging my dad to help cut it out with his jigsaw. Thankfully, he was happy to help and it didn't take long at all.

Dave did spray paint it for me, as I was not able to find our black spray paint after we got it cut out. We still need to drill a hole in the litte hand for the candy bucket and put a stake in the back to hold it in the ground, but I am all kinds of proud of my little witch, and the girls love it!

No comments: