Sunday, September 12, 2010

Some weekend projects...



This afternoon I busted out the sewing machine, and as luck would have it, I screwed up on my pumpkin shirt project... I forgot to put the presser foot down, and got the shirt all jammed up. This resulted in a hole, but I attempted to patch it. But it still looks rough. Can I just call this my shabby chic shirt? Whatevers... my older two still like it, and can fight over it.


For this project I used a black long sleeve t-shirt that I got on clearence for $1.50, some fabric scraps, and some heat 'n bond to adhere the fabric to the shirt before I sewed around the shape of the pumpkin.


I used the rest of the pumpkin fabric and some ric rac to make a halloween burp pad. I am going to give it to a co-worker who has a wee one.


Photobucket