Sunday, September 19, 2010

Black Tulle ideas....







For about two years I have been searching high and low for black tulle to use for Halloween. Ok maybe not high and low, I honestly only really looked only 2 places, and then I forgot about it. However, while making a dreaded shopping trip to Walmart, I found them in the precuts. I am not sure if every Walmart did away with the material/sewing departments, but ours did, and when they did my mom went into mourning. The head of the department told my mom that Walmart was going to have precuts for sale when the department went away, and now a few years later they actually have kept that promise. They had a table full of 5 yards for 5 dollars, and honestly it all was mainly crappy stuff, but low and behold I found my black tulle!


Two years ago I wanted to use it in a table or mantel decoration and have it kinda drape around stuff. However, now I no longer want to use it for that purpose, and I don't know what to do. Thinking about maybe making a tu-tu for Emily with it for her to sport during halloween, she's still young enough to get away with something like that. Also, saw some cute halloween wreaths made with it, but I already have my feather wreath that I like better....Of course I could always use it for embellishing decorations already like little ties on pumpkin stems, OR even just use as a filler in a clear vase. I could use it as a cool chair decoration cover thingy, but honestly, that would probably drive my family crazy, and would only be cool for a halloween party. Any other suggestions? Chances are I will just make a tu-tu, but then I would need/want orange tulle or halloweeny ribbon to go with it.....

Speaking of crafting, I spied a really cute tutorial on HGTV's website using pumpkins, lentils, and double sided tape. They put a wide strip of the stuff around pumpkins, and then put the lentils or even corn kernals all over the tape. Super cute. I'm on that like white on rice.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Rachie said...

The ironic part is that I'm searching for ways to get rid of my own black tulle--which is leftover from my Black Swan tutu. ;) Make her into a teensy Natalie Portman this Halloween; adults will appreciate the costume and she will appreciate being a ballerina. She needn't know the story--now. :)