Thursday, May 15, 2008




When I came home from work today it was almost like Christmas on my porch. I had ordered some things online and everything came at once. I broke down and used some Ann Taylor Loft giftcards to order from their maternity line. I got those gift cards for Christmas to finally purchase some real nonmaternity clothes and who would have thought I would get knocked up again and sacrifice my gift cards for more freaking maternity clothes. I was happy to hear they are carrying maternity as I love Ann Taylor Loft, don't get me wrong. I just have been bitter about getting back in the elastic waist pants and the billowy shirts. Ever notice how maternity clothes make you look even fatter? You can put them on when your not pregnant and still look pregnant. I got two cute tops and a pair of white jeans that I am hoping I can get away with wearing to work.

My other items were Ebay splurges. I order off Ebay from time to time if there is a good deal. For example, GRITS had posted a blog on a adorable pearl necklace from Silpada that her mom bought her. Silpada is a company that does those home parties and sells mainly silver jewlery. I actually had a party at my house for Silpada when I was pregnant with Rachel, and their stuff is really awesome and neat, but super expensive. I just had to get this necklace and sure enough I found it on ebay for quite a bit cheaper then what it costs to buy it from a seller of Silpada, AND it was free shipping... What could be better then that? I have to reason the spending some how, and buying jewlery is a lot more interesting then maternity clothes.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Ooooo, I'm gonna go stalk the necklace on Grits site! That pink top makes me wanna be pregnant NOW!!!!! Would you believe I'm still wearing my maternity shorts. Ugh.

Jenny said...

When are you due? What are your girls thinking about all this? :0)