Monday, May 19, 2008

Having a pity party at work for myself...

So, apparently I over did it this weekend… Saturday I tried really hard to do some late Spring Cleaning. We have gobs of laundry to catch up on with the kids and ourselves, and I also made it my mission to clean the porch some. We have those white Cracker Barrel rocking chairs for us and the kids on the porch, and I don’t know if anyone else has this problem, but they mildew very easily and look nasty after a while. I scrubbed them down with soap and water and even after they still looked dirty so my mom sprayed them with bleach. Bleach seems to work good but it took some elbow grease from the both of us.

Then later that afternoon while Dave was still sleeping from working the night before I tackled the garage somewhat. Our garage is so nasty. Nothing is organized, and my husband leaves trash everywhere in there. Seriously, he will clean out his truck and leave the trash in the garage rather then put it in the freaking trash can. We also have some leftover garage sale stuff that never sold cluttering the area too. So I did what I could, which meant throwing a crap load of stuff away. I am going to try to free cycle some of the leftover garage sale stuff. I was thinking about having another garage sale, but I rather just get rid of the crap all together now. I am over the clutter and mess, and maybe, just maybe, if it gets all organized Dave will be inspired to keep it nicer. I can dream right?

So then after being fairly productive Saturday, I spend Sunday morning walking the Noland Trail with a friend, and that pretty much did me in… I have been feeling good this pregnancy, so I have not tried to take it easy at all… I have been riding my bike and walking a lot, and I have been doing the 5 mile trail with this girl about every other weekend lately, and I have been fine. Yesterday though I was uncomfortable about half way through and could feel myself getting slower and slower. I seriously almost called Dave from my friends cell to get me and drive me back to my car, but I didn’t want to scare my friend and didn’t want to make a big fuss unless I knew something was really wrong. So I finished the walk, but I am unsure I will be able to do it again any time soon… or maybe not all of it, may just half of it or something.

The rest of Sunday we spent in the backyard in the new swimming pool we bought the kids. The kids played in the pool while Dave and I sat with our feet in it from our lawn chairs. I am determined that I should bought the kiddy pool years ago, even before we had kids, as it just felt that good sitting there with my feet in the water. I can already see myself sitting in the whole thing this summer readying a book when the kids are napping. Yeah it doesn’t take much to make me happy.

So I am still sore today, and just feel better while laying or sitting down. The sad thing is, even though I accomplished a lot of housework this weekend, I still have a zillion more things to do. For starters, the nursery still has not been worked on… We have the crib cluttering up the garage of course, but we need to paint the room and take down the bed that’s in there. I also want to paint our front door to the house, and I need some mulch in our backyard in the non-exhistant flower beds that need some flowers as well. Also, I think we are going to have a cook out this weekend, so that means I can’t be on my behind but so much. Dave is off today and tomorrow but he has court cases which takes up so much of his days, so I doubt he will get much of anything done around the house…

I think today I will go and buy paint for the front door since I have a shop right near my work. The door is a small enough project that I can take care of. Then I can check that off my list.

I do have some cute pics from the weekend I will put on here later, so if your over my whining you can at least see my adorable girls lol.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

We have those rockers and YES they get gross easily. Ick...

Becca said...

Yes! We have those rockers too...I have tried Oxyclean, which didn't work (ours are BAD) but now I will try bleach! Thanks....