Friday, May 9, 2008

Recent happenings...

I hope one day someone will make stores, especially baby/kid stores easier to navigate with strollers. This morning I ventured to the mall with the girls, and went by Gymboree 'cause they have a killer coupon going on right now where you can get 30% off your entire purchase. Our Gymboree is teeny, and theres just not much room in there when you have a stroller. Add in a bunch of other moms with strollers, and myself with a double stroller, and its just not very pleasant. I do appreciate the TV they have showing cartoons, but its hidden in the back, and basically theres just room for one stroller. Ugg... So I behaved myself with the coupon, bought one outfit and a couple of bracelets for them to play dress up, and got a great deal.

I also was able to find a necklace for the shell pendants I got my mom and Dave's mom for Mother's Day. I had spent a good part of the week trying to find a nice one at Hi-Ho silver,and a bunch of other places between Williamsburg and Newport News, but nothing really would go with the pendant. Today I found the necklaces in freaking Claire's at the mall. I have not been in there since middle school probably, but low and behold they had something that looked good and it was super cheap. It's basically just a necklace with several strands of tiny brown beads. It came with another pendant, so I just took that one off, and replaced it with the shell ones.

My mom is having a lunch Sunday for everyone, and my grandparents and sisters are coming. I usually get my grandmother a plant since shes a big gardener, guess I need to take care of that soon! I will probably get that tonight as I want to get Dave to take me to Anderson's greenhouse tonight to get some plants for our yard.

In my freecycle group someone posted a crazy amount of paintballs they were getting rid of, so I scored those this week. Dave plays from time to time, and my nephews are always messing with paintball, so I gave one bag to Dave and the rest my nephews got. Not bad for free...

Laura had swimming again this week and shes all about it. Everyday she asks if we are going swimming. I am glad she got over her fit from the first class. This week I may brave getting in a bathing suit and getting in with her for the class. Dave has been the lucky one the last three lessons, so its my turn now. I mainly have not been getting in because I have wanted to take photo's with the camera, but now that we have 100 of them lol, its time we leave the camera at home. I think these classes go through the end of May, and then there is another session. I am going to sign both kids up this time, and then we will both get in with both kids. Guess I will have my sister tag along to be the paparazi and capture Rachel's experience in class.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!

I ALWAYS hate that about Gymboree! Do we go to the same one? I guess they are all small!

Anonymous said...

LOL. I was thinking about you tonight as I was navigating the stroller through Gymboree and taking half a rack of swim trunks with me.