Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Why it's going to snow tomorow...

Wow.. so ummm you will never guess what I got myself into yesterday... two major things.... I signed up to do a 5k on Thanksgiving. Yeah this chick doesn't run... I also sorta kinda despise it. My brother in law does them, and my nephew was talking about the race yesterday and it sounded cool, and he said some people just walk it. It's for a good 'cause- Toys for Tots. I talked my friend into doing it with me as well, so I wont be alone. I just hope I don't come in dead last. If it looks like its going to be that way I am just going to turn around and walk home lol. 5k is equal to 3.1 miles, and I have been walking 5 miles on Sundays lately, so it wont be that bad. Of course I am going to attempt to do some running though, you know, at the begining and the end so I don't look like a total slacker. YIKES! But actually its got me thinking about trying to do the couch to 5k program after this is all said and done. I will give it a shot. Not promising anything...But it's a program where you start off training in little baby steps and work your way up to running a 5k. We shall see... like I said no promises...

My other big ordeal I got myself into took place when I answered the phone yesterday. It was a church lady asking me to make 6 dozen cookies for the church for a bake sale. I actually agreed mainly out of guilt as I have not been such a good little church goer, pretty much my whole life...The church is Dave's family's church. It's a Methodist church, we got married there and our kids (excluding Emily) have been baptised there, and that's been about all of our church going for the last 5 years. I know that's terrible, hence why I agreed to do the cookie making. Heck I might even go to a service Sunday.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Katie said...

If I didn't know better, all that guilt about not going to church would leave me to believe that you're a Catholic. Kidding, happy baking.

Mrs. S said...

Good luck on the 5k! I'm impressed! I hope to do one some day...

and you sound like me saying yes to cookie making. I suck at saying no, haha!