Monday, August 16, 2010

First week of Book Club discussion questions

Confession, I was only supposed to read chapters 1-10, but of course I couldn't stop, and ended up finishing the book, but I promise I will be good and not post spoilers. I will be linking up this post with the book club site. Check out the site for more info: http://bookendbloggers.blogspot.com/


1. What was your first impression of Tim?
I thought he sounded pretty awesome. He sounded like the perfect guy, and a wonderful boyfriend. Of course given the fact that Cee Cee is just 16 and he's in college, I was wondering why he would go for someone that young.

2. If you were in CeeCee’s position, would you be willing to help your boyfriend in the way that she is willing to help Tim?
Two words. Hell no. When I was 16 I was pretty naive, but I wasn't that naive. I would never do something that illegal.

3. Why do you think CeeCee is so eager to please Tim?
She was in love, and thought he was in love with her. Also, being that she didn't really have any male role models in her life, given the fact that she was fatherless, and also lost her mom at a young age, the attention that she got from Tim made her latch on.

4. Who do you think has it harder? Tim or CeeCee?
Cee Cee. She's a waitress, struggling to have enough money to try to go to college one day, and he's a spoiled rich kid. Though they have both been through some hard times in different ways, money can get you pretty far.

5. What character trait(s) about CeeCee stuck out the most to you in these first ten chapters?
Strength and loyalness hands down.

6. Do you think CeeCee is as mature as she seems?
I thought she was, though she was just 16, but other then being naive and being blind by love she was pretty driven.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I finished the book too! I couldn't wait to finish- it was pretty captivating. :)

Lauren said...

You are not the only one, read the book in 2 days, HAHA!! Loved reading your take on the first 10 chapters!!