Sunday, June 20, 2010

Easy yummy mac n cheese

I am obsessed with mac and cheese, and I am always trying different recipes. I have made complicated ones that require a crazy amount of bowls, steps, cheeses, I have tried Pioneer's Woman's, Southern Livings, etc etc. My husband and I both agree though the one I have been making lately is the best, and the easiest...It's a Southern Living version from the cook book- Busy Moms Weeknight Favorites. It was purchased at Sam's Club several years ago. I tweaked it a little bit (mainly just took out the bread crumb part, cause I didn't have any, and didn't feel like making my own)

You will need:
1/4 cup flour
1tsp onion salt
2 cups milk
1 16 oz elbow mac
4 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
1/4 cup butter

Cook pasta, set aside. In a bowl combine flour, onion salt, and then slowly whisk in milk. Then mix in 3/4 of the cheese and all of the pasta. Pour in a baking dish, then top with remaining cheese and melted butter and cook on 350 for 30 min. I probably use more cheese then it calls for, and I grate my own from a huge block from Costco. It's so easy, and very tasty. Of course, my own kids prefer easy mac still to anything.... go figure.

No comments: