Saturday, April 17, 2010

Saturday Morning and the kids are still asleep!

You must must must make those potato skins that I posted below about....They took for freaking forever, but they are soooo worth it! Seriously, I wanted to grab the plate and go hide so I could have them all to myself. I am definitly going to make them for any summer get togethers we have this year...

We are down to just one more week with Laura wearing the cast! You wouldn't even know she had a broken arm the way she is acting... Laura is excited to get the cast off because gymnastics has started up, and she was kinda bumed to just watch her sister have class the other day and not be in there having fun too.

In other news I introduced the "chore chart" in our house for both Laura and Rachel. They freaking love it, and I enjoyed a refresher at making it using Excel. The list is really simple, it just has their basic tasks for the day like dressing themselves, making their bed, etc. I have toy clean up on there in the evenings, and they have other tasks like read at least one book, have art time, and play outside. Easy peasy. They get a colorful check mark when they do something, (mainly because I still need to buy some little stickers), and then if they fill up all their checks then they will get to do or get something... Don't know what it will be yet, but I will figure it out. I am actually pretty shocked that they like it, but I guess kids to aim to please. I wonder if a chore chart would work with my husband? I have a feeling if I made one, it would be a mile long...and he would take one look at it, crumble it up, and throw at me. hehe...



Photobucket

No comments: