Monday, April 5, 2010

The accident prone one...





Easter wasn't exactly a picnic in our household... Everyone in the house was still getting over a nasty cold, having allergy problems, etc. We couldn't get ourselves together in time to go to church, but we manaaged to go to my moms for Easter, and for some unknown reason we didn't go to the inlaws. I am not really sure what the deal was, not sure if they didn't want us because we were sick, but I was annoyed. Laura was feeling better, and after we had lunch at my moms she was riding her bike with her cousin in the road. I don't know how she managed to do it, but apparently it is possible to fall while you are hardly even moving and you have training wheels, and still break your arm.... Actually, she hardly even cried, and she was able to move her arm, fingers, etc, and went on to play the rest of the day. She did arts and crafts with me, went to feed the fish at the pond, rode her boke some more etc. Then later she barely nudged her arm in the garage, and that's when we knew something was wrong. She was in pain, and was favoring her other arm after that. I still didn't think a bone was broke,but I wanted to be safe and took her to urgent care. The doctor didn't think anything was wrong either but after some xrays a broken arm was confirmed. He said it was a simple break, and was a typical break of someone putting their hand out in reaction to falling (off said bike). This afternoon we went to an orthopedic doctor for another examination and to have them look at the xrays and finally to put a cast on. She chose pink of course. Luckily she only has the wear the cast for a total of three weeks. Right now she thinks it's pretty cool.

Poor thing has been through it this week.... last Monday her sister knocked her with a toy bat and gave her a black eye (Dave was home watching them while I was at work, so I would like to go on record to say I was not in charge) then Tuesday she went to urgent care cause she was having a hard time breathing, and now this....

Photobucket

1 comment:

Whitney (for the rest of the Shouses) said...

Poor thing! The pink cast is adorable, though.